Monday, January 31, 2011

Richmond & Furniture

First off, I wanted to mention that we got a few pieces of IKEA furniture for the apartment. They are both for our living room-- our third and last bookshelf, a coffee table, and a sofa table (that my mom bought us for Christmas). Our place has come a long way. We moved in with no furniture at all and although we still have a far way to go, I'm loving our apartment thus far.





On another note, we had the privilege of being invited to attend one of my good friends from high school's engagement party in Richmond two weekends ago. Judy and I have been friends since meeting in sixth grade and Andrew and I have had the chance to hang out with her and her fiance Andrew from time to time when we're both in the same city. It was also a great chance for us to take a little time to ourselves and do something fun in another city. We ended up going down to Richmond Friday night and hung out with my friend Wes. The next day we went and ate brunch and explored Richmond. We went on a tour of the VA State Capitol, visited a famous church (St. Paul's Episcopal if I remember correctly), and did a few other things. It wasn't that I haven't been to Richmond... I grew up in Virginia Beach and went to Richmond plenty of times.. but I never got to take the time to actually do something related to the history of the capitol. Overall we had a great weekend and were grateful for the chance to be able to spend it with amazing friends. We wish Andrew and Judy all the best with the remainder of their wedding preparations and can't wait to attend their fall wedding!

House Chamber

VA State Capitol

Pews

Church

Old Town Hall.. doesn't this photo look photoshopped?

Breathtaking

Governors Mansion

Richmond is full of old factories

Bag of chips frozen in a lake

Coldest day of the year thus far

The house where the engagement party was

Very elegant

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the book shelves! Isn't Ikea the best? I avoid it like the plague because I just want to buy everything there! The apartment is really shaping up well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your apt is adorable! I want some decorating tips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheesh--your new furniture is SO much nicer than what we have right now!! Awesome!

    I sometimes wish I lived back east where there's actual architecture and history. Cool stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your apartment and all the furniture.

    ReplyDelete