Monday, January 3, 2011

Updates

So I haven't been doing too good about keeping up with my blog, but I promise to get better!

I wanted to start off by updating everyone on our lives. Andrew starts back at NOVA for his final semester in a week, and I start my graduate program in 3 weeks. Andrew is also doing his monthly training, preparing for boot camp which he will attend in about 5-6 months.

We had a leak in our bedroom ceiling for the past few weeks. We, fortunately, were able to have it repaired... but not after waking up to a flooded room (multiple times!). We are thankful it is finally resolved and we can move on.

I did a craft for Relief Society a few weeks ago. Since I had missed the craft night a month ago, I finished it on my own. Fortunately for me (a non-crafty person), the online website the sisters used was very simple. The final product is below and the link to the website is here: CRAFT PROJECT

Also, Andrew and I both are starting the p90x videos. Since I got it for him for Christmas, I decided I was in need of it too. I did four days, and then there was New Years Eve and all the distractions came and I stopped.. but I intend to re-start the program again and I'm going to stick with it completely this time. New Years Resolution.

Our bedroom

Finally done!

We just bought those fake flowers from Michaels

Love our mirror from TJ Maxx for $30.00

Couch and bookshelves. Not too much in this room.

Kitchen

More kitchen

Dining room
We also have finished furnishing our bedroom. For awhile I was adding things here and there, but now it is a complete look and I can rest easy. We still have a LONG way to go on the rest of the apartment... we have so much room and no furniture! But that will just take time and money. I have posted pics below of our place. We've been here for 4 months now and it's finally looking settled in... somewhat.

Well I start back at work tomorrow. So long vacation!

The heart shaped felt wreath that I made
Leaking ceiling

You can see condensation on the ceiling if you look closely

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Emma!!!! You have done a great job with your place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your house looks absolutely adorable! Great job decorating! And, I am going to make that wreath for Valentine's Day; it is so so cute. Good luck with P90x--I hear it is intense! We tried the Insanity workout last year and that totally kicked our butts!!

    ReplyDelete