Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christmas

So I wanted to do a whole separate post about just Christmas. Andrew and I were fortunate enough this year to spend Christmas with both his and my families. His parents live in Fairfax, his brother and wife in Centreville, and two of his brothers flew in from Phoenix and SLC. My mom and two sisters also came up from Virginia Beach for three days. We went over to Andrew's parents house on Christmas Eve and had a nice dinner with just family, a tradition that our family practices, but his usually reserves for Christmas day. We played games, sang songs, and had a mini Christmas devotional. It was very nice and relaxing. My sisters, my mom, Andrew, and I spent the night at our apartment in Alexandria. The next morning we woke up and headed back over to his parents house to open presents and eat a traditional Weber Christmas breakfast, which includes smokies, cinnamon buns, and eggs. We spent the remainder of the day at their house, playing games, and only went home to Alexandria to get ready for the day (since we spent the majority of the day in our PJ's). We then headed back to Fairfax for a smaller dinner with a few of his parents close friends from the Fairfax ward. We played more games, ate more food, and went home.

Onto the gifts. It was really exciting this year for me because I knew what Andrew wanted for Christmas. He had been talking about p90x a few months back and the idea of getting the DVDs and a pull-up bar. I had been very adamant about not getting a pull-up bar because it would ruin the "decor" of our house. He then proceeded to tell me that there is a detachable pull-up that we can store in the closet... I still put my foot down and said that we would not be getting a pull-up bar and that he could use the pull-up bar at the gym. Multiple times throughout the past few months he has brought this up in arguments and around his family to gain their support. Everyone was beginning to think I was crazy and controlling. But little did they know that I was a schemer. On Christmas day his last two presents were p90x and a pull-up bar. He was in complete shock but finally realized that I was normal, after all.

Also less exciting, I got him a water bottle, a DVD, and a sweater.

For me, he got me some items from Rwanda (through Macy's). I got a gigantic Rwandan flag, a Rwandan fruit basket, and a bracelet.

Hope you all had a great Christmas too! We are so blessed we can share our first married Christmas story with you.

Our first tree (yes, it is real)

A card my mom gave me in 2007. I found it & though I'd be a tradition to display it around Christmas

Andrew assembling his pull-up bar

Andrew and 3 of his brothers (Matt, Jeremy, & Brett)

No comments:

Post a Comment