Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Mason, Dominion & Fleet Foxes

"Days are just drops in the river to be lost always."

Who just feels for that quote the way that I do? I love this Fleet Foxes song called Drops in the River.. it's on repeat on my Itunes right now... check it out. Thank you to my lovely sister-in-law for introducing me to her fav, and now mine, song.


So this past weekend Andrew and I took a trip out to Centreville to spend some time with Andrew's brother Brett and wife Mesia (mentioned above). We literally spent the night over there Friday and Saturday night and played this game that we are ADDICTED to called Dominion. If you haven't checked it out yet, I highly recommend that you do. At first I was skeptical of this game.. it seemed really nerdy and weird.. and they always compared it to the game Magic which me and Mesia openly hate. But now we are Dominion masters and love to be able to have them to play it with. We even had a couple over to play with us, our friends Michelle and Chad. They picked it up pretty quick and we hope they enjoyed it!


Thirdly, I started my classes. The first week of classes were canceled because of the snow storm that hit Northern VA the last week of January. I'm going to my second classes this week, actually. Already I feel like there is more to do than I have time for. I am taking two classes right now, Intro to Conf Analysis & Res, and Human Rights. Both seem great so far, but I have to make sure to make school my priority. Since I am working full-time and have other obligations, I really have to remind myself to do my reading far in advance (and not wait til last minute to do all 5 chapters in one night...)... since I have been out of school for a year I just have to get back into the swing of things. I do love my program though. I have to say that I really look forward to going to class.


I hope everyone is doing well. Sorry if I've been a little MIA lately.. as you can tell, I am quite the busy bee.

Also, I am going to be going to Virginia Beach this weekend to celebrate my mom's 50th birthday. I can't wait to feel the cool breeze of the ocean on my face. It has been 3 months since I have seen the beach! I am long overdue.

2 comments:

  1. Dominion is a fun one! We got it for Christmas and have enjoyed sharing it with friends and family. I didn't know it was popular across the nation, but maybe we'll have to bring it to the next reunion. New games are always fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with juggling everything! And I'm SO jealous you're hitting the beach!!

    ReplyDelete