Saturday, November 19, 2011

PIES

So since Andrew has practically been gone for the past 6 months I have to keep myself busy so I've picked up baking. It was something I actually have really started to enjoy doing and plus it takes up a lot of time... which is always good (perhaps not for my school work). So far I have made 2 pumpkin pies, 1 blueberry pie, 1 cherry pie, and 2 apple pies. I am progressively getting better... and I learned how to make the crust myself so that is awesome too. I also have made a lattice top and cut slits in my apple pie (designs). Oh yeah, and I made a homemade rice krispy treat for dinner with the Wallaces a week ago.  Here are some pictures for proof!

Uncooked blueberry pie... sloppy, but 1st time making a lattice top

Cooked blueberry pie... used canned blueberries and it was way too much juice

2nd lattice top, cherry uncooked

Cherry cooked... canned cherries

Pumpkin pie

Rice Krispy Treat, homemade

Bottom of the pie crust for apple pie

This time I actually cut up fresh apples, peeled them, sliced them, tossed them with lemon juice, and threw in a little nutmeg, sugar, flour, and cinnamon. 

1st uncooked apple pie... 3rd lattice top. I'm getting fairly good at it.

Cooked apple pie. YUM!

2nd apple pie...same ordeal with the process for making it- fresh apples, etc. This time I tried a design for the venting. Turned out pretty nice... and tasted delicious too!

1 comment: