Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Registration

I registered for classes today. I signed up for CONF 501: Intro to Conflict Resolution and CONF 728: Human Rights Theory and Practice. But I need yalls help. 3 classes at grad school is considered full-time. I am wondering if two classes, while working full-time might be too much for me. I really need to talk to a counselor in my program, but any of you grads out there have any advice?

Getting prepped for grad school is a hassle! I mean, I start school January 24, which is really soon. I have to figure out all my financial aid, work out deferring my bajillion loans from undergrad, and figure out all my classes, etc. So much to do, so little time... and it doesn't help that these next few weeks are going to fly by! (and also that I work in DC Monday- Friday 9-5, leaving me no time to sit down with someone in Fairfax at Mason)... sigh.

Regardless, I am thankful and grateful for this wonderful opportunity to better myself. I was really shocked to find out I was selected. I was probably not the best candidate for school, but maybe they see that I am a very motivated and determined person. I have overcome many hardships to reach this point in my life, and I am grateful that I have such a strong personality to keep persevering.

That's all for now... I'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats...it'll be tough but completely worth it. Let me know if you need help with anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worked full-time (7:30-3:00) and did night school (4:00-10:00) when I went to Graduate School. But.....I wasn't married at the time and it didn't matter if I worked all day and went to school all night because I didn't have a hubby to take care of. As long as Andrew is supportive, you'll do great! I did the 9 credits every semester and it is definitely a LOAD. Pace yourself and you'll do great. I know you're a hard worker! So proud of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd take 2 classes this semester, see how it goes, then add on another one next time if you think you can handle it. It's no fun if you never have time to spend with your hubby! Good luck getting everything done in time. Financial aid is a pain!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emma, I love your blog! Also, congratulations on graduate school:) That is so exciting!! I work full-time and I actually only have time to take 1 class (4 credits) every 8 weeks. It's really nice because it keeps me busy, but I also have some down time. Do what you feel comfortable with, but don't overload yourself!! Good luck!

    I am so excited to be reading your blog now:) Yay!

    ReplyDelete