Monday, December 6, 2010

Fellowship Interview

So I got a call today that I got an interview for the Carl Wilkens Fellowship that I applied for a few months back. Carl Wilkens is the only American to remain in Rwanda during the 1994 genocide. The fellowship created in his honor is part of the Genocide Intervention Network. The fellowship would entail utilizing different advocacy techniques (reaching out to public officials, getting the media involved, etc.) in regards to genocide prevention. Mostly it would focus on current genocides, but my passion will always remain Rwanda.

I realize I might be taking on a lot... but this is me. I am really excited to work towards a topic that I like... and all of the things I am about to take on are inter-related. I really hope that I get this fellowship. It is a year long, making your own schedule. They take into consideration your other obligations. Sounds good to me.

Again, I will keep you posted. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment