Saturday, April 30, 2011

More house stuff

So I have slowly been shopping around for living room stuff-- since I had last blogged we had received our pillow cases (although I had to ship 3 of the pillows back for wrong size, so they are not in the photo yet), three small decorative mirrors I got from Target, and some awesome curtains from World Market. I have realized more and more throughout this decorating process that not only do I like clean, cottage looking themes, but I also like Indian designed themes... so that is what I went with for our living room. Since we had purchased a lot of darker furniture from IKEA, and I don't typically like too much dark furniture in a room, I had to go with a theme that complimented it... hence the indian (from India, not Native American) theme in our living room.

Oh yeah, and I painted since my last blog too-- just a slight tan/yellow color to warm up the walls. And added another lamp next to our desk ($50 Home Depot.. love it)

Anyways, what do you think so far? It is coming along but there is still a lot to be done... all in due time. We're poor students!!



4 comments:

  1. Looks fabulous! I love those mirrors!

    PS. I've been married 9 years and am just now getting cute things for my house......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't home decorating fun? I've been painting our front door this past week. The room looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are a great designer. it looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so good at decorating!! Love the curtains. You'll have to help me when we move back !!! :)

    ReplyDelete